Sunday, August 22, 2010

My First Post!

Hi everyone! I wanted to begin my posts by showing you how I have started off my year at college. Here are a few before & after pictures of my dorm! It was absolutely dreadful to start with but with great patterns, colors, and a fresh white background, I turned it into a DIY masterpiece in no time!

Here are a few dorm makeover tips!

  • Purchase large pieces of great patterned fabric to adorn your white walls
  • Target and Pier 1 Imports are some of my favorite decorating spots for deals
  • Get large area rugs and cute floor pillows
  • Ottomans with storage are great to save space
  • Hang colorful lanterns to section off different areas in your space
  • Pick up some great fake floral arrangements to add pizazz to your room
  • Curtains add a cozy feel
  • Buy cork board squares and make an inspiration board
  • Last but not least, make sure your space reflects you!








No comments:

Post a Comment