Right when I saw the picture of these delicious popovers my mouth started watering. Yum.
I hope this recipe is a delectable treat to get you through the week.
Basic Popovers with Fresh Syrupy Cherries (makes 6 popovers)
2 eggs 1 cup milk 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp butter, melted 1 tbsp canola oil fresh cherries sugar to coat the halved cherries
1. Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add milk and whisk. Slowly add flour and salt and continue whisking until mixed in. Add melted butter and mix again until smooth. Cover with a clean towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. While the oven preheats to 450°F, pour a half teaspoon of oil into the 6 popover cups and use a pastry brush to spread the oil up the sides of each cup. Place the oiled pan into the warming oven. (You can also make these in a muffin pan if you don’t have a popover pan.)
3. Pit and halve the cherries. Place into a bowl and sprinkle with sugar, coating all sides. Stir occasionally. By the time the popovers are ready, the sugar will be dissolved and the cherries will be coated in syrup.
4. When the batter is done resting, remove the hot popover pan from the oven and quickly pour in the batter. Fill the cups about 3/4 way full. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown. (Don’t open the door until you’re getting close to the end – it could result in fallen popovers!)
5. Tear open a popover, spoon the cherries inside, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
Are you in need of a relaxing getaway? This Marin County, California home would be the perfect spot to hideaway in. There is amazing attention to detail throughout the home, making this space a one of a kind masterpiece. It is only 1,650 sqft. but sleeps twelve comfortably and the views are absolutely phenomenal. I could definitely see this house as my weekend home!
This mediteranean-style Monaco home is absolutely phenomenal. The attention to detail is impeccable. Villa Nocturne was built in the 1920's, redone perfectly and tastefully. This is my dream home. The architecture, color palate, fabrics, and more are all so unique and beautiful.